Boob Tape 101. How to apply and remove.
Application & Removal Instructions
Please keep in mind this product has serious hold! It is important to watch the videos on our website to learn how to apply and remove the product safely. Boob Tape products are not intended for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or individuals who have sensitive or thin skin. Some women have thin skin around their collar bone or upper chest area so please be cautious when apply tape to those areas. Do not wear product for more than 8 hours. Do not expose product to prolonged sun exposure or heat while in use. This can cause skin irritation. Do not sunbath in product. Do not wear product two days in a row. Remove product and see your doctor immediately if you experience itching, swelling, rash or discomfort.
- Test – Apply your test patch to the skin on your chest for 24 hours to ensure you have no reaction.
- Prep – Please make sure your skin is clean and dry. No lotions, powders, oil, perfume, makeup, sweat, sunblock or fresh spray tan. Apply nipple covers.
- Trim – Trim your Boob Tape so it sits 3" below the collar bone. (We do not recommend taping on or around your collar bone since skin here is thin and delicate.)
- Ready – Slowly peel the liner off the bra making sure the tape does not touch itself or your hands too much. Remember this is a one-time use product, once the tape has touched something it will not re-stick.
- Start – Use one hand to lift your breast up to where you want your breast to be. Use your other hand to tape the base of the Boob Tape with the base of your breast. Use a mirror to make sure you are lining up the bra correctly.
- Tape – While keeping your breast elevated, use the other hand to slowly slide the bra up and shape around the breast. Once you get to the base of the nipple pull the tape up and stick on to your chest taping your breast in place. Smooth any wrinkles. Once the tape has touched the skin it will not re-stick.
Caution! Do not use this product if you have sensitive skin, thin skin, are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Do not apply product over an open wound, infection or new scar tissue. Do not apply the tape within 3 inches the collar bone as the skin on or around the collar bone is thin and sensitive. Remove product immediately and consult a doctor if you experience any itching, swelling, rash or discomfort.
- Prep – Rub oil (any type) on top of the Boob Tape and make sure it is saturated. This will help loosen the adhesive. Slowly pull up a small corner of tape from the bottom of the bra.
- Ready – Use one hand to firmly press against your breast just above the corner of tape you lifted. Use your other hand to grab the corner of tape.
- Remove – Slowly start pulling the tape up TOWARDS YOUR CHEST while simultaneously pressing in on your breast (squish your breast hard just above where the tape is releasing). Continue to slide both hands upwards until the bra has come off. Do not pull the tape out away from you body at a 45-degree angle as this can cause injury! Do not rip the tape off like a bandaid.
- Taking a hot shower or rubbing oil (any type) on the adhesive will help loosen the Boob Tape for removal.
- If you get some wrinkles putting on the tape it is ok. Small wrinkles will not show under clothing.
- Many women cut Boob Tape to fit their clothing. Please be careful when cutting. The more you cut the less hold it will have which can cause skin irritation.